Welcome to our Career Page!
We are a team of passionate, dedicated and skilled professionals who share a common vision. We are in search of talented and motivated individuals who want to join us in impacting lives.
If you are interested in working with us, please explore our current openings below. We look forward to having you onboard.
Programs Manager, Education
The Education Program Manager (PM) shall work seamlessly with other Programme Managers (PMs) to achieve the overall objective of PF in line with its Education, Shelter and Education Initiatives. She/He shall partner and work with academic institutions (primary, secondary and tertiary) as well as vocational training institutions, NGOs and other stakeholders to develop and implement a range of Education interventions for the economically challenged including but not limited to academic scholarships, teacher training and talent development initiatives.
- Programme Development & Management
- Prepare and set clear priorities for all Education programmes
- Coordinate excellent delivery of all sub-programmes under the education programme
- Ensure all Education goals and objectives are achieved, in line with the mission and vision of Pistis Foundation
- Identify and screen programme beneficiaries
- Conduct periodic impact assessments on scholarship beneficiaries as well as other Education intervention programme
- Determine baseline for measurment of impact programmes with the monitoring and evaluation team
- Project Management
- Develop Annual/ Quarterly work-plan identifying, action, responsibilities, timelines, et al. of activities required to successfully complete Education projects.
- Determine resources (time, money, equipment etc.) required to complete projects/ programs
- Develop forms and records to document project activities.
- Coordinate successful implementation of programme activities.
- Effectively engage and manage volunteers for Education projects
- Stakeholder Engagement & partnerships
- Develop appropriate Education partnerships and collaborations.
- Build & maintain good relationships with select Educational institutions, including collaborating with host communities, government agencies, youth development organisations and other related education institutions.
- Lead the planning and implementation of periodic stakeholder engagement/ meetings.
- Field Operations & Coordination
- Plan and seamlessly manage critical education improvement projects such as teacher training, scholarships etc.
- Ensure effective coordination of field teams in delivering intervention programmes.
- Provide oversight of the Education team’s development and execution of social intervention programs.
- Policy & Procedure, Implementation
- Facilitate the effective implementation of programs according to approved applicable Government education Policies and national/global educational standards.
- Efficiently manage the operational aspects of implementing PF Adopt a school program and other social intervention programmes.
- Reporting and Evaluation
- Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly as well as annual reports including baseline and impact assessments reports for all Education Interventions and programmes.
- Lead monitoring and evaluation activities of the education in collaboration with the monitoring and evaluation manager.
- Staff/Volunteer Training and Management
- Identify knowledge, skills, and abilities required to fulfil volunteer roles.
- In consultation with the General Manager and management, recruit, interview and prospective volunteers/ interns for Education programmes.
- Establish and implement performance management process for all programme staff in unit
- Budget planning & control
- Develop and submit monhtly as well as annual budget for the education team and operating plan to support the programme.
- Monitor all budgeted and planned programme expenditures in line with approved budget.
- Ensure financial reports and supporting documentation for funders are prepared as outlined in funding agreements
Qualification and leadership
- Strong leadership qualities with minimum of 10 years work experience in the Educational space (7 years of which must be management)
- Excellent communication, coordination, team bonding and volunteer management skills
- Proven ability to work under pressure as well as across multiple technical areas simultaneously, supporting and mentoring teams/ staff.
- Report writing skills with proven organizational and multitasking skills.
- Globally conscious and technologically savvy.
- Familiarity with the Sustainability Development Goals
Programs Manager, Partnerships and Programs Engagement
- Responsible for planning and facilitating programs, meetings, and events, as well as curating grant proposals that align with prospective donor agencies, manage and track program models, with primary focus on Education, Health and Shelter initiatives.
- Participate in creating and implementing a pragmatic fundraising strategy, to deliver the foundations’ revenue target.
- Develop compelling pitch-decks/ grant proposals, partnership reports, and presentations for soliciting Int’l grants and donations from partners.
- Source for grants with International as well as local donor agencies.
- Ensure timely execution of grant agreements, entry/updating of project records in the partnerships database and execution of funds transfer to sub-awardees for programs/ projects.
- Develop Annual/ Quarterly work-plan identifying, action, responsibilities, timelines, et al. of activities required to successfully complete programs.
- Develop and manage appropriate partnerships and collaborations.
- Prepare and deliver reports/presentations to internal and external stakeholders on progress of partnerships.
- Build & maintain good relationships with select Multinational institutions, including collaborating with host communities, government agencies, youth development organisations and other related education institutions.
- Lead the planning and implementation of periodic stakeholder/ partnership engagement events, awards, dinners etc.
- Oversee effective and timely submission of monthly, quarterly as well as annual reports for Management, Executive Director, and Board.
- Prepare baseline and impact assessments reports for all Interventions and programs.
- Lead monitoring and evaluation activities of the foundation in collaboration with the monitoring and evaluation team
- Develop and submit monthly as well as annual budget for the programs/ partnerships team as well as an efficient operating plan to support programs.
- Monitor all budgeted and planned program expenditures in line with approved budget.
Relevant Experience (Type and minimum years expected)
Minimum of 10 years’ work experience, with 3 years’ working in fundraising/ sales, grants management, client services, programmes management in Social Impact related fields.
Attitude and Behavioural Skills
- Globally conscious and technologically savvy
- Strong proficiency with research, data collection, review, analysis, documentation and reporting applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and data visualisation tools.
- Strong communication skills and ability to develop grant proposals, pitch-decks, project reports and winning presentations using data visualization tools.
- Proven ability to navigate complex environments, work independently, handle multiple and complex tasks simultaneously and generate pragmatic solutions to address pressing problems.
- Identifies critical tasks and deliverables and obtains or organizes necessary resources and support to achieve operational objectives.
- Regularly reviews progress of plans to redirect action when necessary to achieve targets.
- Strives to prioritize effectively and raise performance levels of self /others.
- Uses initiative and looks ahead, considers external developments relevant to own team, identifying trends and emerging patterns when making recommendations to others.
- Ensures relevant actions are taken within own unit/team. Uses networks and relations to achieve results and influence strategic outcomes.
- Strong “client service” orientation and interpersonal as well as negotiation skills, quantitative and analytical skills, and written/verbal communication skills.
- Close attention to details, reliable, flexible and results-driven/ follow-through skills
Qualified candidates can send their CVs to email@example.com